Wednesday, February 29, 2012


I know you've all been chomping at the bit with baited breath for Wednesday's mid week confessions. I apologize for not getting these things out in the morning. Go ahead....smack my hand.

Is it wrong to continue eating conversation hearts past the month of February? I got a nice tumbler of clearance hearts a week ago. I felt I hadn't received enough sugar in heart shape, and having to wait a whole nother year just felt too long. I would love to get a bag full of just the white and yellow ones. It's great tasting all the distinct flavors.

Went to a moms night out with my MOPS group. Stayed out MUCH later on a "school night", but it was very worth it. I left with sore cheeks from laughing so hard! Besides hanging out with other moms while being kid free, it was great because I felt validated when I was able to have the spot light in the conversation. They were laughing at my jokes and unique spin of how I describe life moments. I didn't feel awkward and it came with feelings of making it into the "cool group".

I've gotten kinda nerdy with making Barbie doll furniture out of wooden rulers and hot glue.

When at a big box general goods store, resisting the temptation to pass by the toy section just isn't possible. I walk down, drooling at the possibilities of placing them into the hands of the kids I work with. But didn't I mention I have to make ghetto Barbie furniture? Sigh.... 

After hosting a play date this morning, I couldn't help but feel a little anxious about dates to come with Eliza. At such the tiny thing she is, she managed to tackle at take down a 3.5 year old. It makes me wonder if my child will be THAT child who comes crying to her mother about how none of the other kids will play and include her in their games. Yeah, I was somewhat of this child, except I wanted to be the boss!.....but who doesn't ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment