Tuesday, February 7, 2012

So I am typing this entry while being sick but feeling blessed that my daughter slept through the night once again after a long stint of being sick and fussy. But, here are my mid week seminary confessions for you!



While its nice to have grandparents who are willing to host your daughter at their house which is conveniently placed with in a few miles of where you are staying is great.........it SUCKS when you are breastfeeding. This is the longest I've gone in between feedings. Man did it hurt and made me tired when having to take any free time I had to travel back and get some relief. Of course she was happy to see and be comforted by mommy in this special way, it was certainly work.

On the topic of breastfeeding, it bugs me to no end when my MIL tries to keep me away from nursing in public settings. It's not like I just whip my top off and plop a boob out for all to see. I am discreet and feel as though I've become rather good at not needing a cover.

While driving home, Eliza wailed in the 12 passenger van along with all our other travelers after only 1-2 hours into our travels home. We offered her cookies, sippy cup, even the mini dvd player to distract her. Then when we do arrive home and have to transfer cars in order to travel where we need to go....its discovered. We had quite the massive blow out. Maybe that was the reason for a good scream?

While at this conference, there was a lot of things I was having to wrestle with for me personally. I've had my share of nay sayers towards where we feel called to go in life. So many in fact that its made me doubt this calling. Well, it feels like a giant leaf blower was taken to this paver stone in the ground and became rediscovered. Part of me wants to just flip the bird to any other nay sayers or circumstances. Not that I will in real life, but it's the power of an attitude and confidence booster which brings those feelings to the surface.

After hearing the kind of night the grandparents had while hosting Eliza, I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. There were a few times in the night where grandpa wanted to strangle her when she wouldn't go back down in the wee hours of the night after relieving 
grandma. I think they've reconsidered some of the advice given to us from past conversations when the topic of sleep training had been brought up. I chuckle yet again to myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment