Sunday, October 21, 2012

Meals

Now I know I might be a tad bit late on the weekly meal planning wagon, but with now only working part time again and having a toddler to feed at regular intervals, I am hating the dreaded question of, "What do you want for dinner?"

We do our food shopping trip week to week, or pay check to pay check depending, so as wild as my imagination can be, its tough to be limited to a tight budget where you have to ask yourself if you want a package of meat or lunch meat for the week. They come to about the same price.

I know there are tons of crock pot concoctions out there, but I don't want everything boiled or soup all the time. Especially when it involves pasta, since I can't be there to throw it in at the right moment. Not to mention by the time I get home from work and picking up Eliza from the sitters, it is already 6:30. Making and freezing isn't all that doable since we have limited space in our freezer. Don't get me wrong, making soup and freezing it for later is fine, but there is an extent to how much my husband wants soup in the week.

So if you have found any good staples in your weekly dinners that can work for a tight budget and/or time frame and substituting canned goods in for fresh can work, send them my way in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment