Monday, October 1, 2012

From the Sewing Machine


I've discovered applique for the sewing machine. I know a lot of people have known about this for a long time, but it is a whole new world for me....and SO simple and cheap to do.



I found the robot template at lil blue boo in the freebie section. The tie was either a Pintrest find or even Googled. Yet, I found these quite cute for an alternative baby boy design. The red bow tie was my idea, as I wanted it to be a little more gussied up and just free handed it. The hard part was going around it with an 1/8 in inseam  It isn't perfect all around, but I think it just makes it look more organic.

I up-cycled some old onesies of Eliza's stash from the past. Mr. G loves it when my projects don't cost him any extra money. The fabric patterns were not of what I have recently ordered through Fabric.com, but used of my limited boys stash. I have a few more to put to use with the new additions.

No comments:

Post a Comment