Monday, January 20, 2014

Times Like These...

It is during these months where I think I miss home the most. In my attempts of trying to tame my fabric stash, I came across some particular samples. They were bought for me while I was down in San Diego on vacation last summer. It was a special time for me since it was a trip with just myself and Nolan. I didn't have any real agenda to fulfill and it was a time to just bond with my mother.

Right now, I am looking at about 5-6 inches of snow on the ground. My house needs some serious TLC in the cleaning dept, but will have to wait until things warm up and we can air the place out. Back home, people are walking around in shirts and shorts while on the beach in 80 degree temps for January.

There is something very comforting about being back home to where I can easily slip into a comfortable routine. I know where everything is to travel to. There are lots of free things to do outside, and the taco shops are almost always 24 hours. Going back home is a process of having to fly to a larger airport which then gets me to San Diego and also finding the extra cash for the ticket. Eliza is too old now to fly on one of our laps which only increases the cost of us ALL going out as a family.

Right now, I don't know when I'll be back home again, but I am anxiously awaiting the visit from my mom come spring time to bring some of that sun and nice weather with her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment