Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Little Carry On

With having a baby boy, one has to become a bit creative in the photo department. There are lots of cute things to adorn little girls with, just like there is a plethora of outfits for them in comparison. 

I had this idea for a fun creative shoot a while back, but the challenge was finding the suitcase in the 1970's Pan-am era. With luck, I found a set on a FB garage sale site and they sold all 3 for 5 dollars. The bow-tie was easily crafted after a Pintrest search while I found an easy free pattern to do the pennant bunting banner.



Getting Nolan ready for this shoot was a task in itself, in addition to keeping things clean enough as I continued the shoot. I swear this kid poops it out just as fast as he nurses.

I also have a love/hate relationship with studio lighting. I MUCH rather go outside and work in my surroundings than wrestle with all the set up and break down of equipment. But with single digit temperatures going on right now in the snow belt, I just don't have a whole lot of options...or fun fancy props that you see used in many newborn shoots. With this being said, I decided to prop Nolan by the window on the Boppy. Then I waited to see what expressions would come about. I almost think I like these simple ones compared to the studio set up just purely because of the lighting. Sometimes less is more when it comes to shooting newborns.




No comments:

Post a Comment