Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Captive Thoughts

Have you ever encountered a situation that was hard to shake from your thoughts for the rest of the day? It could be hearing bad news, a disagreement or even disappointment.

I struggle to leave my work mind at work at the end of the day when all the kiddos have gone home and I've secured the building. I pick my daughter up from the sitters and meander through thoughts of what on EARTH shall I fix for dinner and if Mr. G will be home for the evening. Then there are those days where I am frustrated with a situation while my brain wants to analyze it in every dimension and it festers.

Fester...isn't it an interesting word? Dictionary.com defines it as: to putrefy or rot.

It rots alright, taking away my joy for the rest of the day and maybe into the next few. Tonight I struggle to keep my thoughts captive and instead be positive about the joy I've had at MOPS and the fun to look forward in this coming week.

Easy?

Far from it!

I have lost count at how many times I've had to redirect my thoughts to something else. Even writing this post temps me to wander back to this situation.

I am a sinner, forgiven by Christ and a work in progress. I am no better than anyone else in thinking I must be given Christian brownie points in ministry 101. I too, am imperfect and need the strength of my heavenly Father to make it through even the most trivial aspects of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment