Saturday, August 11, 2012

My own Marathon

Nope, not the runner here, but I am pretty good at running myself into the ground when it comes to certain times of the year. At work, we have an 8 week summer afternoon program. It is free to the community and open to those who have finished Kindergarten to  going into 6th grade.

This year I will have completed running it being pregnant the WHOLE 8 weeks. The light at the end of the tunnel is becoming stronger as August 17th is our last day. Then toss in 2 more half work days of glorious cleaning and putting away.....and I am officially on VACATION! San Diego can't get here any sooner. After this last week, I think I may have run myself down a bit too low. Last night on Friday, I went to be before my own daughter! We then all slept in till around 10 am (thank you Jesus). Mr. G continued his sleep as usual and I made pancakes.

Oh, did I mention I got my hair cut WITHOUT a toddler on my lap today? Yes indeed, it's true. I hadn't had a cut since before Eliza's birthday. My usual due had grown out, became heavy and subject to imprisonment of a hair tie most days. The weather has not been kind with the heat and humidity either. Some nights it's a big stick dinner, no lie. I then later feel asleep to the Olympics on the couch for a mid afternoon nap. I try and take advantage of them on the weekends when ever possible.

I can do this...I can do this... 

No comments:

Post a Comment