Saturday, December 31, 2011

Prayersolutions

Its that time of the year to look back and reflect at just how God worked in my life last year....
For the year of 2011

Lord,

You know about how hard this last year has been for myself and Matt as we moved our lives in faith that this unknown was in your plans. You know past, present and future all at once. So it is of no surprise to you about what looms later on this year for me. I am afraid and jostles a few of those closest nerves that I long for security of. I ask of you to come down and heal me of certain imperfections which weigh me down so greatly so I may arise in your strength and bring glory to your name.

This is a hard one to say. I think I've grown, but then I think other people have grown too in this strength and refining process. With some time and relationship building, its certainly helped the transition if things.

What a blessing it has been to know I am with child. May Eliza really be Eliza and perhaps be the beacon of peace among the present storm and the crashing waves in which beat upon us. Please keep us both healthy through out the rest of this pregnancy and a safe arrival of your child into our arms, entrusted to raise her in your ways and truth.

God really did give me a good pregnancy. There were no real complication except for having to be induced. With all the hardships going on, Eliza has been the jewel found in the muck. She brings us so much joy and happiness in our family of 3.

Here I am asking again for my husband and his employment. As our family is about to grow, we need his job to grow right along with it. You know of the jobs in which he has gone through the interview process. Jobs which we know he wanted very much as they have been in the direction of ministry. Even though it has broken our hearts in not being given these jobs, we can't help but wonder about when the right one will come our way. One which will give the ability to have time off together and be there for Eliza.

God has provided for us, but not exactly in the ways we were expecting or wanting. With Mr. G's unemployment, it allowed him to be there before me giving birth and my whole maternity leave. Having him home and my mothers long visit was awesome. He was blessed to have a long temp assignment that we really needed after my position was cut to part time and a new position. As expensive as the time off has been, we were also blessed to make it to Grandma and Grandpa's for Eliza's first Christmas.

As our child's birth comes each day closer, please help direct and provide a way for childcare to be made possible after my maternity leave ends. This has been a frequent thought and concern about how this will be made possible. 

God took care of us in this area with two wonderful individuals. One being full time when we needed it, and the other part time and more convenient for our daily schedule. Not to mention the benefit of being around other little ones to play with.




For 2012


Lord,


I ask that you make it clear as to where we are to live this year. Are your plans to be where we are, or is there another move in the works. IF we are to move, please help me with this transition as you know I struggle with these things. May it be close to some sort of family and opportunities to build new friendships in and outside of work. Not to mention all the logistics of moving with a new member of the family and resources needed to make it happen.


Its been a tough several number of years in the job department. Please provide a good job.....the RIGHT JOB for Mr. G so we can reduce debt, be covered by benefits and have something left over after all the bills.


Please, help us find medical coverage. I grow nervous about needing some assistance with my health needs and it stresses me out. I praise you for giving us help with Eliza. 


Lord, you know how much I have struggled with this one and the future plans we believe you have for our lives. Please speak to us about the future family member that we know we desire. We love Eliza and want her to benefit from having a little sister or brother. Yet this requires health insurance and stable income to feel like a responsible parent.


Please, please help us make forward progress with our calling. We've hit so many road blocks and I can't help but feel discouraged and defeated in the process. Mountains need to be moved in order to get there, which I know fully you are capable of.


Please help current relationships and friendships grow and blossom. I have many friends but not very many that are close. You know how much I miss the ones in the west and would love to have the opportunity to visit with them this year and introduce Eliza in person before she is all grown.


As Eliza grows, keep her healthy and happy. Help me be content with her constant growing up. I hope I can still see the little peanut I held when she grows up to be a God fearing young woman. I love her spunky spirit and smile that could light up Las Vegas.


When my mother who doesn't know you Lord, with her visit coming up in April, may our actions be a light to her and what a REAL relationship with you is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment