Friday, January 18, 2013

How Much Longer?

We aren't even one month into the winter season yet and I am totally over it. I miss being able to go out side and play with Eliza at home. When out in the garage, Eliza will follow and spot her cozy coop and other toys for outside. She then of course has to inspect and proceed to start playing. Unfortunately, it is much too cold to play and tears flow as I fight her.

Today I thought I would take advantage of one of the parks and recreation department's indoor play park. They run in the fall and winter, Monday through Friday from 9 to 1. Cost is 2 dollars for local residents and 3 for outsiders. It wasn't too busy of a day with only 5 other kids playing. Eliza was pretty good at holding her own with the 3/4 year old boys, but I could spot those who were the "only's" as far as the boys were. They held their turf and would bang and make loud noises to detour Eliza from climbing up into their forts across from each other. The oldest of the group would then do ninja and TMNT moves, growl and run head on towards her and she would run away in protest. What a difference how boys and girls play!








I look forward to warmer days where crawl tunnels, princess tents, water sensory tables and cozy coop races resume in the front yard.





No comments:

Post a Comment