I know it has been eons since I last did a confessions post, so here to those with baited breath!
1. I am not exactly all the fond of my daughter right now. If you were to ask me which kid was my favorite, I would say it was my son. I wonder if there will be periods where I will switch back and forth between who I like more. But please, notice I said "like" and not "love" as one is a feeling and the other is a commitment.
2. The summer home disaster is in full swing. With working more hours and having twice the kid attention, it looks like a bomb went off in the house. There is this repeated amount of everything junk that can't seem to find its way off the back of the couch. I have lawn clippings on the rug and walk ways because our lawn guy can't seem to figure out which direction to mow that won't shoot them at our front door.
3. You have a pretty good shot at finding a wrapped up dirty diaper in the house.
4. I can't help but feel a little guilty for pushing for a little San Diego getaway with Nolan for a week while Mr. G and Eliza stay back in New York. But at the same time, Mr. G has a music commitment over the holiday weekend and DOES have childcare available to him at family camp. Otherwise, family camp is not very family friendly when you don't get to sleep with your husband and you are left with the kids in your room, which is just a small private counselor room inside a cabin.
5. I can't help but feel torn about where we are living. Some changes have happened in ministry supervision above me and the changes have been night and day...for the better. At the same time, we are only treading water at the moment with where we want to head in our lives. Things have made a turn for the better with my job, but at the same time, working in youth ministry can burn you out and at times you long for a different pace. Fun tricks and ideas from your magic bag can only be used so many times until you run out of new things to offer.
Okay, I think that is all for now. I didn't have the greatest night of sleep and Nolan doesn't make it any easier. With having a MOPS leadership meeting tonight at 8pm to start planning the up coming fall kick off, this momma thinks she might be hurting at the end of it all.
Tis my life!