Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sensory Box


After finally deciding to put together a sensory box after spending time with a friend who pulled out her most recent sensory box for Eliza...here is my attempt at it.


I found floral gel beads while at Walmart on clearance and this is when my brain started churning out possibilities. After I let the beads soak up the 4.5 qt worth of water required for 3 packs, I went in search for what I could add to it. Bath toys work well, and I had these little inch by inch cubes with lids. A small bowl and kitchen utensil worked well to add to the exploration. 


Eliza seemed to not care for the cubes early on, until I showed her she could stack them, but they still got the boot in the end and remained outside the tub.


Overall, this box held her attention for awhile. The beads will crumble if squeezed too hard or meet the demise of a careless knee stomping them. I recommend a sheet put down as to help make it easier to see those that jump ship. Also, this reduces any extra crud from the floor going back into the tub. Not to mention, it also makes for easy clean up when done. 

For myself, I found the water beads to be a bit therapeutic as I played along with her. Just to note...young children should be supervised with these beads as to prevent any choking hazards or attempting to bite into and ingest. Eliza did a pretty good job with this in not trying to taste any of them.   

1 comment:

  1. I imagine those beads could be a little therapeutic. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete