Saturday, April 27, 2013

Upcycle

I am always hunting an online garage sale site in my area to see if anything might fit out needs. But the best posts are those that can fit a need and are FREE! I had Mr. G pick up this dresser which as you can see was in some rough shape. The dove tail joints were popping out on the drawers and there was a jury rigging attempt on the top drawer guide.


With the hardware missing and VERY outdated, this was going to require a lot of elbow grease with my mouse sander, primer and new hardware.


Here is the finished product. When I say I got this free, what I really mean is that I sunk roughly 60 dollars into it in supplies. It seems that no matter the amount of thought towards going with a plain practical color choice, I kept gravitating towards an aqua tone. I do like how the color turned out though. From what I thought would fix the drawer guide, isn't and its a bit of a bear to open, so I will have to continue figuring out how to overcome this annoying set back. But it does fit a need for Nolan's clothing and sits inside the kids closet at 40" wide.

2 comments:

  1. I love the color - so so cute! One of my 30 Before 30s is to refinish a piece a furniture by myself; but, for some reason, I'm so intimidated by it!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the color for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete