Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A rut?

So we are approaching almost the 5 month mark of being married and I can't help but notice a bit of a rut in our days we work. We both come home in the 6-7 evening time and start dinner. If its cooked and on the table by 7, its a luxury. Then we go to our respective spots and veg out until one of us gets bored and joins the other. I tend to initiate getting ready for bed and Mr. G follows soon afterward.

Part of me is starting to feel as though being married is the constant while being single was the variable. Even this statement is flawed because marriage will never stay constant due to life. God is the constant. Yet this is how I feel right now.

I remember soon after getting back from the moon, we went out after getting home from work and ended up going into Washington to the local mall and then Thai food afterward near where I use to live. Boy does this feel like ages ago. Now both of us are so tired, making any ideas of going out again to be out of the question.

I don't even like going out at all on my day off following 3 heavy days of work. Doomed to be a hermit despite being married.

When we move east, there will be far more places to drive to. The next major city/metro is 3 hours away even and if you want some big time amusement park, it requires 10+ hours of driving. And I thought 3 hours was crazy growing up to get to Six Flags.

So what else is in store for us during our first year?

No comments:

Post a Comment